Monday, May 18, 2009

Two Month Checkup




Well sweet baby Mae is two months old and we started the week off with a visit to the Doctor's office. The nurse and doctor both said she was very alert and strong for only being 8 weeks old and that she is still perfect in everyway. She weighs 10lbs 12oz and is 22.5 inches long, both in the 50th percentile for her age. So she is doing great, she did have to start her shots and got two, one in each thigh. The nurses were great and gave them to her at the same time and up until that point she had been happy and smiling, but as soon as she got them her whole face turned red and she let out a cry I have never heard before...I did ok though, I didn't cry myself! I scooped her up right away to tell her it would be alright and she calmed down pretty fast. Now she is sleeping it off in her swing with a full belly and some tylenol. Now we just have to go back in a month to get two more........maybe Eric can take her, but I don't think he would handle it as well as I did :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jacob and Elizabeth said...

Wow, she's big! Glad to hear she's doing great! I just posted about Cailyn's check up so you'll have to take a look at how they compare. Hope you are doing well. Are you going back to work or staying home?

Unknown said...

I agree--I don't think Eric will do as well regarding the shots. He has a low tolerance for himself regarding needles, for Mae it would be ten times worse! She's really getting big! Can't wait until Friday! Have a good rest of the week. love mom