Thursday, November 13, 2008

First trip to Babies R' US



On Monday night we decided it would be a good idea to start looking for cribs for our baby girl. I thought Babies R' Us would be the best place to start since they have a large selection of what we were looking for. Needless to say, if you have ever been there, it can seem a bit overwhelming. So the next evening after my husband's long drive home from West Lafayette, we made our attempt to pick out a crib. Walking into the store, I immediately dart to all the cute little girl clothes on the sale racks and poor Eric has this look of exhaustion on his face. I can almost hear what he is thinking...."All of this is for babies". Before he turns to run for the door, I leave a purple dress to grab my husband by the hand and lead him to the cribs in the back of the store. This causes more confusion and it has now spread to me! There are just so many to choose.....black, white, pine, natural, espresso, drop down, convertible, it's never ending and to make matters worse we don't share the same appreciation for baby furniture! By the end of the hour long shopping trip, I had used the bathroom twice, no three times and both of our feet hurt. We did narrow it down to the only three cribs we could agree on! Wish us luck on future baby shopping endeavors!

2 comments:

b said...

Tell me you didnt buy the purple dress with brown polka dots? I have it in a pile of clothes for you already.

Jessi and Eric said...

haha....I remembered she wore it this summer!